Wednesday 17 April 2013

At the Beach - KIU April challenge

Hi again!

I'm huddling indoors whilst a rather spectacular storm is making its way across our area... My kids laugh at me when I scream like a little girl with each thunder clap!

I have another layout to share with you, this time it's for Kraft it Up! This month's challenge is a corker... recycling! I had so much fun with mine!
































For my 'kraft' I used a scrappy supply pizza box! Yep... I just cut a 12x12 section and jazzed it up with some of my fave Color Shine in Lamé and Georgia Peach! I've used a roughly torn piece of Tim Holtz  Core'dinations Kraft Core for the middle and adhered it with machine stitching.

























Some gorgeous Kaisercraft and Amy Tangerine stamping adds a bit of lightheartedness along with a few beautiful papers from Glitz's Unchartered Waters collection.









































It might sound far fetched, but I have yet to come across a CHA collection that my Greatest View flair do not match! Gail has seriously done her homework! I have used a couple little 'In Style' & 'Fresh Style' beauties here along with some more 'recycled' bits. When I first learned about this upcoming challenge, I started saving the backs of my packs of Studio Calico wood veneer. I've used the front and back of it. Spritzing the lighter woodgrain side with Color Shine and punching a few circles of it for the cluster.









































Materials used: Pizza box! Tim Holtz Core'dinations Kraft Core; Glitz Unchartered Waters 6x6 pad; Studio Calico Wood Veneer & packaging; Basic Grey fabric tab; Jessica Sprague printable; Amy Tangerine 'Yes Please' clear stamp; Glitz 'Color me Happy' woodgrain washi; MME brad; Kaiser stamp; sewing machine; Greatest View flair

So grab those bits you are about to toss out and see if they can serve a higher purpose! lol. Entries close on April 30th and can be linked up here

I'll be back on Friday with some Sassy Goodness...

Till then!


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! I love the little stamped clouds..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Seriously think I'm going to try the pizza box background for something fun! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!!! And a gorgeous photo to boot ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...another stunner....loooove this! You did such a great job with the pizza box! So creative! Love the design and special photo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!