Tuesday 5 November 2013

My Happy Place - OUAS November

Ok so I must be the worst blogger-friend in the world! Every day I say I'm going to find the time to get down to visiting and every day the hours just seem to disappear. Seriously, chuck eggs at me - I deserve it! ;)

Challenges abound with a new month sprouting it's lovely wings... Once Upon a Sketch have a great one for us

Journalling Theme: "My Happy Place"

There are few spots more brilliant that right between these two gorgeous kiddos of mine. My heart swells just looking at this photo! I've written them a little note which I've hidden inside a glassine bag. You can find them, along with this (perfectly coordinated) Greatest View 'Here and Now' flair in the GV store.


I've created a bit of a pattern using a 'happy' stamp from the Pink Paislee Color Wash collection. It's such a versatile set, I've only had it a couple of weeks and used it heaps already. It has some awesome faux brush strokes as well which are perfect if you want to create a mixed media effect without too much mess!

This layout uses a few bits that I had leftover from my Sassy Scrappers kit for September... My Mind's Eye Cut and Paste Adorbs. I hung on to this ever-so-cute cassette and I'm so chuffed I got to use it. I've popped a few of the new (very cool) Maggie Holmes 'Flea Market' ephemera on there as well for a bit of a feminine touch.

Remember:
You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is.




Looking forward to seeing your entries!





10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout and picture! : )
    Love your use of blue and green and the cute details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole vibe and feel on this page! Everything brings focus to that wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Chantelle and congrats on your SM cover layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here I am chucking eggs! but how can I really, when this LO is so beautiful...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning page!... Loving the colors...and that lovely photo!....
    Nah I won't chuck eggs on you.... we have too much on our plate.... !!!! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely!! I received SBM today in the mail with your lovely layout on the cover! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, love the bits and bobs and the way you tucked in your journaling! Congrats on the cover too - how exciting!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! I think I beat you on the 'worst blogger friend' challenge skattie! The days just don't have enough hours in them I reckon. :)
    Your layout is delicious and your kiddies are so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...don't worry...think we are all guilty of that sometimes! Love this happy and fresh page...and the photo is just so very sweet! Love your styling...always a treat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love that photo! The blue is totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!