What a jam-packed weekend it's been! I've got just enough time to reflect on a few highlights, before it all starts all over again :)
I've been dying to share this layout with you for a while... It's my May DT layout for 123 Challenge blog. The criteria this month are
I'm so pleased with the way this one has turned out! I was inspired by the amazing British street artist, Banksy. I tried to recreate his effect, using a couple of processes...
- I wanted the layout to have a 'quick and dirty' feel, (lol) and for the title and image to be key. The background is a sheet of Simple Stories 'Urban Traveller' chevron/concrete which is perfect for my 'wall'.
- Next I chose a graffiti font and cut the first part of it with my Cameo. For the word 'Happy', I printed the text onto some red Basic Grey scraps and hand-cut it out.
- As I mentioned, I wanted minimal embellishment, so I've gone for a few simple chevrons, cut from a sheet of Dear Lizzy, Lucky Charm, which I sewed on with my sewing machine. This Greatest View 'Classroom Rules' badge is a perfect match! I've literally taken a piece of paper out of the bin, stamped it with a notebook stamp and used it for my journalling.
- As for my little chicken, well, it would've been a whole lot easier if I was able to print on a 12x12 at home. To solve this problem, I started off by 1. scanning the actual paper (so I could get the effect of being printed/spraypainted directly onto the background. 2. I then gave the image a stamped effect in Photoshop and overlayed it onto the concrete image. 3. I printed this out onto photo paper (regular paper would've worked fine too) hand cut it out, and adhered to my page.
- The balloon was also created quickly out of a scrap piece and I drew in the string.
Next time, I might just take my paper down to Officeworks or something, lol!
Hopefully we will see you over at 123! There are some great prizes to be won and you have until the 31st May to get your entries in.
Thanks for popping in!