Monday 23 September 2013

Sweet Stack

So have any of you ever had pneumonia? I was finally diagnosed last Wednesday, after weeks of being really ill. I'm finally on the mend, but the going is slow. Too slow for an impatient person like myself. Ten days since my last blog post is totally unacceptable! lol

Thankfully, I had a layout ready to go for Sassy Scrappers on Friday. I'm loving the new Cut & Paste 'Adorbs' collection by My Mind's Eye. I didn't have the energy to post about it here, so if you fancy a little nose, this is the link.

































Another layout I've been keen to share, is for this month's challenge at 123. You've still got a whole week to join us for some fun!

These are the challenge prompts for September










and this is my DT example

































I've been sitting on a couple of very sweet Heidi Swapp mini fotostacks for a little while. This layout is all about Erin's first bath and this gorgeous Serendipity one came in handy for lots of precious photos.



To create the textured background, I have used a 6x6 Heidi Swapp doily template with some texture paste. It dried to a semi opaque finish which gave lovely definition without going overboard.

I must say, I did get a little lump in my throat looking at these pics. I don't remember her being so tiny.

I've just created a very simple cluster so the stack is not sitting alone in the middle of the page. A couple of Petaloo blooms and a 2Crafty Dandelion which I've primed and misted.

Entries close on the 30th September, and you can link your entry via the blog here

Thanks for popping in today

9 comments:

  1. I love both of these. A great way to use the the memory file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeously sweet photos! No wonder you get a lump in your throat looking at them. Beautiful pages, both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely, as always! Love your work! So sorry to hear you've been so sick! I've never had that, it sounds terrible! Glad you are on the road to recovery now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just the sweetest ever Chantalle adore what you did with the fotostack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better! Thinking of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo sweet! :) Hope you feel better and better and... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah... this is so sweet!... Love the idea!.... Loving the colors too....

    P/S: thanks for popping by my blog Chantalle.... hugs..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww....these are sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous layouts! I especially love the photo stack in your second layout! Hope you have recovered 100% now x

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!