Wednesday 16 January 2013

Scrap the Boys January

I was lucky enough to win the December challenge at Scrap the Boys with my 'Batman Smells' layout! This month's theme is drawing layout inspiration from your son's favourite holiday/summer activity. 

My kids are both water mad and I managed to capture such great shots of him playing on the (as we say in South Africa) 'Slippery Slide'...































I wanted the title to reflect the last small photo where is has fallen over, creating a splash. I found a great cut file in the Silhouette store by Sarah Bailey. Crate's 'Peanut Deli' from the Acorn Avenue collection was perfect for the water effect of the puddles!

























I've used an Imaginarium Designs 'A' chipboard letter to add dimension to the title









































Hidden journaling























The 'On Trend' collection just screams 'Summer' to me!















































Products used: PP, Crate's 'On Trend' collection and 'Acorn Avenue'; Flair button, October Afternoon; Basic Grey canvas flowers; Elle's Studio tag; Simple Stories 100 days of summer journaling tag; Silhouette cut file; Authentique alpha stickers; Imaginarium Designs Chipboard letter

Thanks for visiting!








9 comments:

  1. I love your picture, I love the colors, I love it!
    Thank you for participating in STB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable- love the sequence of photos alongside your main photo- awesome!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Love the design! Love the splashes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how bright and colorful you've made this layout--it is full of fun.

    Congrats on winning Scrap the Boys last month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great papers and love the photo's! Super layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colours and the hidden journalling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your papers and photo series, and that main photo is just stunning! Thanks for joining in at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply fabulous!!!! Love the gorgeous colours and fun pics :) Thanks for playing along at STB.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!