Tuesday 1 January 2013

The start of something new


The new year is here! A new start... a new horizon... the start of something new!
A new year full of possibilities. This is the theme at Once Upon a Sketch for January.
































Recently I was sent some gorgeous papers to look at and have some fun with from the Swedish manufacturer Maja Design. This is a bit more about them:




MajaDesign Corp is situated in Uddevalla, Sweden. We are dedicated to create unique and high quality vintage inspired patterned paper for scrapbooking and crafts. Majadesign was founded in November 2007, and since then been growing over 70 retailers in Sweden and 80 in Europe. Founder Marie Jansson says :  "In the fall of 2004, a dear friend asked me to join her to a scrapbooking course. from that moment, i became totally amazed and thrilled by all the beautiful papers and decorations in the art of scrapbooking. After some time as a captivated scrapper, I got curious to create my own patterns. I have always have had a devotion for color and form, as well as I had great printing facilities close, as I worked at a printers office. Since 2007, I have been blessed to be able to work with my great passion - to design and create colored coordinated paper". 

Why don't you drop them a line if you have the time, I'm sure they would love to hear from you!




On to my sketch... So much fun to do! I was hoping to capture some of the crazy excitement I felt over my fabulous new toy!































I saw a gorgeous technique in the November issue of Kaisercraft Workshop magazine...




I thought I'd try it with rhinestones instead... In hindsight I think perhaps I could have misted it first, but nevertheless, I applied some PVA to my Imaginarium Designs chipboard letters and then went about applying the rhinestones with a tweezer.
Painstaking, but worth it!



























A new haircut completes the scene! ;)

Thanks for visiting. May 2013 bring you only good things!













5 comments:

  1. Hehe I absolutely adore it! You lucky thang, enjoy your toy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are rockin the techniques big time, cant wait to see what else you come up with your cameo, love this as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl! Can't wait to see all you do with the Cameo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super layout and what an awesome gift to receive....you are so gonna play!!!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I am so glad you dropped by my blog so I could discover you and your fabulous scrappy talent! Thank you for leaving me some lovin' x Hey your work rocks girl and especially love this page, lol at the piccies and I'm so jealous right now I WANT A CAMEO!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!